A faux jetpack I made for Electric Forest 2018, weekend one. It holds stuff, displays realistic flames near the nozzles and makes smoke.
What it’s made of
- Firmware written in C and compiled with Arduino IDE
- Arduino Leonardo clone
- 2x Vape pen atomizers
- Vape juice (unflavored, nicotine-free)
- 2x Air pumps
- 2x 3/8 ID PVC tubing from a hardware store
- 2x 3/16 ID silicone tubing from a pet store
- Motor driver
- 3x Buck convertors
- 2x Adafruit Dotstar RGB LED strips, 60 LEDs/m, 1m
- A random scrap of proto perfboard
- 3x random tactile SPST pushbuttons
- 8″ ID concrete form tube
- Lots of nylon zip ties
- Backpack strap kit
- White duct tape from a dollar store
- Aluminum duct tape
- USPS shipping box
- Hot glue
- 12″ x 1″ Self-mating hook and loop (Velcro)
- Lots of 26AWG wire
- Electrical tape
- Double-sided foam tape
How it works
There are three pushbuttons:
- Reset. Resets the MCU.
- Program select. This cycles through three different LED patterns.
- Smoke select. This cycles through smoke generation at 10sec on / 10sec off, and fully off. Supposedly running the vape coils for 15sec or more will damage them.